Medical Office Assistant/PSR 64 views5 applications
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education High School Diploma or GED
Medical Assistant / Patient Services Representative
· Serving as the face of the office and greeting all patients with a smile and friendly attitude Assists patient in moving from reception area to exam room. Interview patient, measure patient’s vital signs, and record information into the electronic record medical chart.
· Coordinates patient flow to achieve optimal usage of provider’s availability. Direct patients to other treatment areas as needed to complete their visit.
· Attend clinic morning huddle and prepare daily patient plans
· Answer telephones, route incoming calls and initiate triage request if necessary
· Checks voicemail system regularly throughout the day
· Answers telephone, route incoming calls and initiate triage request if necessary.
· Checks voicemail system regularly throughout the day and respond back.
· Utilize EMR system to coordinate and schedule patients
· Collecting co-pays and other fees for services and process payments
· Verifying patient demographics, insurance and other pertinent information at the point of check-in
· Conduct reminder calls to patients to confirm upcoming appointments and reschedule missed appointments, or to re-engage patients lost to follow-up.
· Coordinate patient appointments with internal and external providers/agencies.
· Fax medical documentation as needed and requested by clinical staff and outside agencies.
· Manage time effectively to complete all patient treatments and related activities as assigned
· Sorts, date stamps, and routes all incoming mail, internal memos and lab results into the appropriate mail boxes.
· Serve as a backup for patient portal issues.
· Serve as a backup to the medical assistants in their absence.
· Assist in the solution of problems as directed by Supervisor.
· Assists in the training of student externs.
· Maintain appropriate communication and good interpersonal skills with supervisors, staff and patients to ensure coordinated efforts and provision of high quality service.
· Utilize formal channels of communication to report concerns, personal requests and patient issues.
· Respect patients’ rights to privacy and confidentiality.
· Flexible to work day and evening hours of operation.
· Maintain an orderly and professional working atmosphere.
· Report to work properly dressed according to the approved dress code.
· Adhere to guidelines concerning working hours and break periods.
· Maintain professional standards and procedures ensuring compliance with agency policies and with applicable regulations.
· Take all necessary precautions to protect agency assets and property against loss or waste through negligence or dishonesty.
· Demonstrate support to others by offering help.
· Requires the ability to relate to people of diverse backgrounds, cultures, races, sexual orientations and gender identities or expressions.
· Other specific duties as assigned.
· Requires the ability and commitment to respect and support inclusiveness and diversity including but not limited to individuals of different backgrounds, cultures, races, ages, sexual orientations, gender identities or expressions, experiences, opinions, etc.
· Requires individual demonstration of commitment to the One Trillium behaviors and business impacts and modeling them in the organization.
· Responsible for maintaining confidentiality of all patient, client, employee, protected and proprietary information.
· Employees are accountable for meeting the performance standards of their departments and must participate as requested in compliance audits, process improvement and quality improvement plans.
· Other specific duties as assigned.
- High school degree required. Associates Degree strongly preferred. 1 – 3 years of experience working in a medical office or clinic required. Certified Medical Assistant certificate preferred, but not required.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Good telephone manners and etiquette.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate clearly with patients and other staff.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English.
- Bilingual skills in Spanish preferred.
- Skill in documenting and maintaining patient care records.
- Excellent computer and organizational skills.
- This position has full access to sensitive and confidential medical records and HIV related information on all parents.