Navigator – Workforce Development 1 view1 application
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education Some College
As a case-manager you will be responsible for working with students on a day to day basis and assisting participants in becoming self-sufficient. You will also be responsible for monitoring student attendance and monthly reports which will ensure that students are on track in achieving their educational and career goals. The student age range is from 17-24.
- Recruit participants through outreach to inner-city youth and youth-serving agencies.
- Oversee program orientation for new participants and ensure that all intake paperwork and assessments are completed.
- Monitor participant attendance and progress and enforce program rules.
- Provide assistance in achieving academic and employment success through effective and comprehensive activities that improve educational and skill competencies, and connections to employers.
- Remove barriers to active participation in education, training, and employment.
- Ensure on-going mentoring opportunities with adults.
- Provide opportunities for training, career exploration, work experience, employment.
- Monthly face-to-face communication with each youth.
- Provide incentives for recognition and achievement.
- Provide activities related to leadership, development, decision-making, citizenship and community service.
- Develop job positions in the private sector suited to applicant’s needs.
- Submit accurate monthly and quarterly reports and monitor program to ensure it is on track for meeting goals.
- Provide classroom supervision and tutoring to youth during GED classes.
- Attend and participate in Urban League functions and fundraising events.
- Perform such duties as the supervisor may assign.
- Bachelor’s in social work, counseling or related field; excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong commitment to youth leadership and empowerment and ability to work sensitively and effectively with young people.
- Ability to relate to, communicate with and work with disadvantaged young men and women and understand the issues relating to this population.
- Competency with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Ability to relate well with others, a team player with a positive attitude.
- Valid NYS driver’s license; clean driver’s abstract.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Knowledge of available communityresources a plus.