Organizational Development Specialist – Diversity Equity & Inclusion 45 views1 application
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education 4-year degree
The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Organizational Development Specialist is a key supporting position for diversity and inclusion initiatives and organizational development at URMC’s Office of Equity and Inclusion. This position creates and delivers learning and development programs at URMC that develop and enculturate competencies which foster a culture of inclusiveness. The work of the DEI OD Specialist will be aligned with organizational DEI initiatives, strategic initiatives and staff development initiatives.
JOB DUTITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts live/in-person, and virtual training for staff and leaders in support of ICARE Values and the organizational commitment to equity and inclusion; includes train-the-trainer programming for departmental diversity officers/leads.
- Provides subject matter expertise and support for the design, development, implementation and evaluation of DEI training courses and materials; employs tools and technologies appropriate for a variety of learning delivery methods.
- Collaborates with and supports diversity officers across the medical center with their educational needs and diversity performance metrics/goals.
- Represents Learning & Development at various hospital and URMC equity and inclusion councils/committees.
- Actively participates in the training of foundational courses which support the culture of equity and inclusion (e.g. DiSC, Crucial Conversations)
- Other duties as assigned
- Moderate level of problem solving ability. Gathers and interprets data to solve routine problems that require verification. Some independent judgement required.
- Work is accomplished with moderate supervision. Follows established and detailed directions. Work is reviewed for accuracy and overall adequacy.
- No supervisory responsibility
- Develops individual goals and sets individual daily priorities and tasks. Goals and objectives are monitored by supervisor or manager.
- Failure to achieve results or erroneous judgements may require allocation of additional resources to correct and/or achieve goals.
Minimum Education – Required
Bachelor’s Degree in HR, OD, HRD or related field. Master’s preferred.
Experience – Required
Minimum 2 experience in workplace education, training and development of diversity & inclusion programming. Demonstrated expertise in content development, large and small group facilitation, designing and delivering learning solutions in in-person and virtual settings or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint); strong organizational and facilitation skills
Certified diversity trainer or professional diversity certification preferred