Part-time Teller | Geneva, NY 57 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level All, Entry Level, Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 0-12 months
- Education high-school-diploma
Member of the member services branch team and serves as the primary member contact with Reliant. Provides quality member service on a daily basis by processing members’ transactions in a timely, efficient and accurate manner. Strives to exceed member’s service expectations by referring products and services to meet members’ financial needs. Demonstrates a positive attitude and enthusiasm for the position. Understands and follows expectations of Reliant’s corporate culture. Consistently demonstrates the attributes of accountability, respect, and teamwork. Provides quality service and strives to exceed service expectations. Acts in a professional, friendly manner at all times. Completes work timely and accurately.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The following duties and responsibilities for this position are not all inclusive; others may be required or assigned.
- * Perform routine member transactions in person, by mail, or by night deposit including but not limited to deposits, withdrawals, transfers, loan payments, VISA payments, check cashing, money orders, official checks, and promotional items.
- *Actively discuss and cross-sell Reliant’s products and services with members and potential members to improve their financial life Supports the branch in meeting key goals. Performs regular aisle walks throughout the store to promote Reliant and raise brand awareness.
- *Provide routine information and explain credit union services, including eligibility for membership, types of credit union accounts, fee structure, loan interest rates, current dividend rates, and branch office information.
- *Explain Reliant’s automated services and demonstrates the benefits of various self-service product offeringssuch as ATM machines, Online Banking, and electronic Bill Pay.
- *Respond to members’ requests, questions, and concerns and/or direct them to the proper person for specificinformation and assistance.
- *Handle money and negotiable instruments in a professional, confidential and accurate manner at all times.
- *Examine checks for endorsements and negotiability. Follows Reliant’s check cashing and hold procedures.
- *Explain federal deposit insurance coverage.
- *Interpret status screens on Core system. Provide members with account status, including balanceinformation.
- *Attend branch meetings and other credit union meetings to keep informed of relevant information.
- Perform routine clerical duties as assigned and in accordance with established written procedures includingfiling signature cards, completing and checking logs, etc.
- *Follow established regulatory and security procedures at all times.
- Maintain a neat and organized work area.
*Indicates an essential function of this position.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possess math skills with the ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Effective oral communication skills.
- Effective personal computer skills; familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite preferred.
- Proficient sales skills, with ability to recognize opportunities to meet member needs and act on themindependently.
- Ability to support a team effort.
- Demonstrates sound judgment, trustworthiness, patience, and confidentiality.
- Effective analytical, problem solving, planning, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, multi-task work environment.
- Ability to remain calm and maintain a professional manner when dealing with difficult situations.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends as needed and flexibility to travel toother locations as needed for staffing assistance, training and meetings.
Minimum Training and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Cash handling experience. Previous teller experience preferred.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Sales experience preferred.
- Ability to use keyboard, monitor, telephone, and other standard office equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others in person and by telephone and email.
- Ability to drive within the credit union’s service area, with valid NY State driver’s license.
- Ability to be able to lift and carry a minimum of 20 lbs, bend at knees to put cash drawer away, and able tostand 98% of time to perform teller duties.