Patient Navigator – Agency 17 views1 application
- Postal Code 14607
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Entry Level
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education 4-year degree
Trillium Health, a Federally Qualified Health Center Look-Alike, is a community health center offering access to affordable care for all, with a special focus on meeting the needs of LGBTQ people, communities of color, and underserved populations.
Nationally recognized for outstanding patient-centered care, the team at Trillium Health provides a wealth of knowledge and experience. Our expansive array of services, including testing and treatment, laboratory services, primary and specialty care, and an on-site pharmacy, makes it easier for patients and clients to receive the complete care they need, all in one place.
Our authentic commitment to diversity and inclusion is evidenced through our hiring practices, our employee programs, and our compassion for everyone we serve. Based in downtown Rochester, with satellite locations in Bath and Geneva, and MOCHA centers in Buffalo and Rochester, Trillium is deeply invested in building community. We proudly sponsor many other nonprofit organizations throughout the area and participate in a wide range of community events.
Trillium’s employee-centered company culture and exceptional benefits have contributed to impressive growth in recent years, raising our staff total to more than 250. We hope you will consider joining us on this upward path and becoming a part of the Trillium Health family.
We are currently recruiting for a Patient Navigator Agency.
Patient/Client Navigation & Care Management
- Conduct an assessment of patient/client needs in order to evaluate eligibility for services
- Provide person-centered, quality driven, care management to eligible patients/clients per agency policies and procedures
- Complete SOAR training within 3 months of hire & maintain certification per requirements to assist patients/clients with SSI/SSDI benefit application and eligibility process.
- Assist in the reduction of avoidable health care costs specifically; (1) preventable hospital admissions/readmissions and (2) avoidable emergency room visits by providing timely post discharge follow-up and improving patient outcomes
- Build relationships with the patient/client and all members of the care team to support continuity of care and promote health outcomes
- Coordinate and participate in regular care plan review meetings for high need, high acuity patients/clients being followed in clinic
- Accountable for engaging and retaining patients/clients in care
- Document each patient/client focused interaction comprehensively and concisely, in accordance with agency standards
- Promote patient/client access into internal agency services including, but not limited to: Health Home, Grant Case Management, support groups, behavioral wellness, medical care, supportive services and Community Health Initiative Services
- Adhere to all government and funder regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Coordinate outreach efforts for patients with chronic medical conditions that are lost to care as identified during Patient Retention group with the RAP, Care Management, Case Management Supportive Services and Peer Support teams.
- Participate in Patient Retention team meetings, tracking progress with retention efforts for those with chronic medical conditions
- Requires the ability and commitment to respect and support inclusiveness and diversity including but not limited to individuals of different backgrounds, cultures, races, ages, sexual orientations, gender identities or expressions, experiences, opinions, etc.
- Requires individual demonstration of commitment to the One Trillium behaviors and business impacts and modeling them in the organization.
- Demonstrate developing knowledge of HIV/AIDS, mental health diagnoses and chronic medical conditions.
- Demonstrate developing knowledge of community resources.
- Demonstrate the ability to use Health Information Technology to coordinate and link services.
- Responsible for maintaining confidentiality of all patients, clients, proprietary, and protected information.
- Excellent organization and time management skills required.
- Must have a reliable vehicle and meet the agency driving policy requirements for this position, including a valid NYS driver’s license and proof of required automobile insurance.
- Employees are accountable for meeting performance standards of their departments and must participate as requested in compliance audits, process improvements and quality improvement plans.
Bachelor’s degree in health, human or education services required and a minimum of one year of qualifying experience including case management or casework with persons who have chronic illnesses, a history of mental illness, homelessness or chemical dependence. Computer proficiency is required. Fluency in Spanish and/or ASL preferred. Must be accustomed to diversity.
Trillium Health offers employment to all employees & applicants. No person shall be discriminated against in employment on the basis of race, age, color, marital status, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, status as a domestic violence victim, genetic condition or predisposition, or any other characteristic protected by law.