Permanency Specialist II (Rochester) 50 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education 4-year degree
The Permanency Specialist is responsible for permanency planning and the delivery of Family Finding and targeted recruitment/adoption services for youth and families served by Hillside. This position works with clinicians , care coordinators and other care providers to identify youth in need of permanency planning and/or permanency maintenance and will locate and engage family members and other significant adults and will build a lifetime network of supportive caring adults for each youth in collaboration with the youth, family and multi-disciplinary treatment team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create a lifetime network of support for identified children/youth by locating and engaging family members and other significant adults to provide on-going support for the child/youth to achieve positive and successful permanency outcomes.
- Create a strength-based permanency plan that includes home visits and assessments, identifying and coordinating potential permanency resources and other natural supports, recognizing gaps and needs, assessing results and providing on-going communication with the child/youth’s treatment team.
- Be an active participant in agency Permanency Roundtables and serves as a permanency consultant to multidisciplinary treatment teams.
- Utilizes experience, education, age-specific knowledge and cultural competence in order to assess and support the permanency needs of youth and care and to help children/youth/families to achieve and maintain positive and successful permanency outcomes.
- Primary contact for the assigned service teams regarding permanency issues, and is able to expertly and succinctly communicate with assigned teams both verbally and in writing.
- Ensures HFA policies; procedures and all applicable governmental laws/regulations/guidelines are followed. Makes decisions and has authority to implement decisions in conjunction within scope of responsibility.
Requirements: Bachelors degree required in social work or related (Psychology, Sociology). Will accept equivalent experience in lieu of specific degree requirement. 3+ years required in Youth/family centered psychosocial treatment. Valid clean NYS Driver License required. Flexibility to work a variable schedule.