Personal Care Aide 155 views2 applications
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level All, Entry Level, Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education High School Diploma
Responsible for assisting Agency’s participants with their personal care and hygiene in accordance with the Personal Services’ Care Plan and assisting participants perform activities of daily living in a safe and beneficial manner. Work under the supervision of the Registered Nurse or licensed therapist in accordance with NYSDOH Regulations.
- Oversee and maintain the wellbeing of the individuals EPILEPSY-PRALID, INC serves
- Provide participants assistance with personal care activities including bathing, mouth care, denture care, skin care, grooming, bathroom, transferring, ambulation and dressing and undressing activities. Innovated activities of daily living; independent activities of daily living
- Assist participants with housekeeping tasks including planning and preparing meals, feeding, light housekeeping, changing linens, making beds, and laundering clothes and bedding.
- Assist participants in safety needs with use of equipment (side rails, foot stools, wheelchairs, etc.)
- Follow the PCA/HHA Care Plan and Activity Sheet
- Observe the client and report any changes or questions regarding his/her condition and report any changes or questions regarding care to the Director of Home Services.
- Promote workplace safety
- Complete all Agency records and reports according to Agency policy and procedure.
- Accurately document services provided in accordance with Agency policy on the day services are rendered. Ensure documentation is legible and submitted documentation per policy
- PCA: Attend and participates in twelve (12) hours of in-service training annually: HHA: attend and participates in twelve (6) hours of in-service training annually staff meetings, Quality Improvement activities and other meetings as requested.
1. Related Experience:
- Experience in an institutional or home setting- which involves the performance of hands-on skills included in the BASIC training
- Experience obtained through employment as a nurses’ aide in a nursing home
- Experience as a hospital aide
- Non Paid experience obtained through care of an elderly relative or child
2. Related training; training received through other kinds of formal training programs involving instruction in hands-on skills included in the BASIC training program
- students enrolled in a RN/LPN nurse program and have had patient care experience
3. Mature judgement
4. Interested in the people we serve
5. Accepting of the disabled
6. Patient and supportive of others
7. Must have a valid NYS driver’s license and a car
8. Must be willing to transport the people you support
9. Must be 18 years of age