Procedure Technician (Medical Assistant) Gastroenterology 33 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education 2-year degree
Full Time 40 hours Grade 090 GI Endo Ambulatory Nursing/SMH
7AM-5:30PM; WKENDS/HOL ON CALL
Provides technical knowledge in preparing instruments, equipment and supplies for procedures and assists team with the technical portion of the procedure.
SUPERVISION AND DIRECTION EXERCISED:
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Standard and specialized equipment and supplies per procedure/unit needs.
1. Selects required equipment and supplies for procedures based on provider’s preferences adapted for specific GI procedures and individual patients. Prepares room for procedures.
2. Assists GI procedures team by anticipating supplies and equipment requirements during the procedure based on knowledge of the procedure and changes that occur throughout the procedure.
3. Assembles, tests and assures correct working order of all supplies and equipment prior to and during procedures.
4. Applies principles of aseptic technique theories to equipment preparation and maintenance and when assisting with procedures. Identifies any potential compromise to sterile/High Level Disinfectant integrity of items throughout the procedure.
5. Disassembles, identifies defective or malfunctioning parts, and provides preventive maintenance for all procedures supplies and equipment. Performs maintenance of all endoscopes including inspection, leak testing, cleaning, high level disinfecting and identifying needed repairs. Follows established protocols for reprocessing endoscopes and accessories and for storing equipment.
7. Procures urgently requested equipment and supplies.
8. Based on material and/or manufacturer’s instruction, determines methods of High-Level Disinfection mode for products. Checks and calibrates equipment according to equipment protocol. Pre cleans all instruments in preparation for High Level Disinfection.
9. Works with physicians and nurses in the selection of new inventory. Maintains professional relationships and communicates with vendors and internal purchasing department. Updates protocols and equipment/supply preference list of physicians.
High School diploma or equivalent plus three years of experience in a patient care setting or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Associates degree preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology, procedures and computer experience preferred.
NOTE: This document describes typical duties and responsibilities and is not intended to limit management from assigning other work as required.