Process Automation Technician/Line Leader 68 views
- Postal Code 14513
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education High School Diploma
Process Automation Tech/Production Lead
Ultralife Corporation is dedicated to providing a positive work environment where our employees are challenged, goal-oriented, and inspired to provide the highest quality service to our customers.
The Process Automation Technical/Production Lead position is a newly created role and will provide an exciting, challenging opportunity for this individual to assist with the set-up, implementation and ongoing support of new equipment and processes.
This role supports production in a combined capacity as both process automation technician and oversight of related manufacturing operations. This position will particularly focus on automated production processes including computer controlled systems and robotic devices (e.g. Allen Bradley hardware, RSLogix 500/5000 software, Scara robots.) The individual filling this role will install, setup, maintain, troubleshoot and repair equipment in support of the Company’s quality and production standards. In addition, this role will incorporate responsibility for line leadership of assigned production personnel and achievement of planned production goals in a safe, timely and cost effective manner.
Process Automation Technician Functions
• Install, setup, maintain, troubleshoot and repair, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and ultrasonic equipment.
• Perform routine diagnostic checks and monitoring of automated systems. Troubleshoot and repair automated systems, using knowledge of microprocessors, programmable controllers, electronics, circuit analysis, mechanics, sensors, feedback systems or pneumatics.
• Perform tasks such as preventive maintenance, line changeovers and equipment repairs in a timely manner to avoid disruption to the production schedule.
• Manage and sustain the preventive maintenance activities using the Periodic Preventive Maintenance (PPM) database.
• Directly support development and installation of new production processes. Provide control system assistance during new or modified equipment startup.
• Create and update product drawings, fixturing, work instructions, test procedures and quality assurance requirements.
• Validate or re-validate process and fixture capability.
• Participate in overall improvement activities leading to improved safety, enhanced efficiencies, better quality, and lower costs based on input obtained from cross functional sources including engineering, production and maintenance.
Production Line Leader Functions
• Provide production floor leadership for work center. Achieve production goals in accordance with scheduled build plans.
• Ensure work is executed to meet manufacturing quality standards and operational targets. Assist with any documentation updates to procedures or processes within work center.
• Ensure production staff member compliance with regards to attendance, safety, ethics and company policies and procedures. Provide input to supervisor and human resources for preparation of periodic staff evaluations.
• Train production staff members in manufacturing processes and standard operating procedures.
• Comply with and make recommendations to the Quality Management System.
• Adhere to all safety and policy regulations.
• Other assignments as deemed appropriate by the Product General Manager.
• Overtime as required.
Education / Training / Skills / Experience:
Associates of Science; Engineering discipline preferred
Minimum of 5 years of experience in manufacturing environment(s) with demonstrated ability to fill an automated technician support role
Minimum of 3 years of Line Leader experience is preferred
Experience with installation, setup, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and ultrasonic equipment
Demonstrated knowledge of microprocessors, programmable controllers, electronics, circuit analysis, mechanics, sensors, feedback systems or pneumatics. Experience with Allen-Bradley hardware, Rockwell RSLogix software, Scara robots preferred. Previous work with Panasonic and Telemecanique will also be beneficial.
Ability to read mechanical and electrical blueprints and have a solid understanding of basic electrical mechanical control systems to effectively learn and run automated systems
• Strong math, computer and electronics skills; ability to work with hand tools and various instruments
Ability to identify and incorporate process and product improvements as well as adapt processes as needed for local manufacturing capability.
Ability to define staff performance standards, review outcome of performance goals and set future targets for production staff
Ability to work independently and interact with all organizational levels in a proactive, diligent and organized manner, with strong attention to detail
Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
High level of initiative and strong work ethic
While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; speak and hear. The employee must be able to speak, read and write fluently, in English. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits to include medical, dental, matching 401(k), disability insurance, flexible
spending accounts, health savings accounts and paid time off.
Ultralife Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such affirms the right of every person to participate in all aspects of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
- Total Jobs 1 Jobs
- Location Rochester
- Full Address 2000 Technology Parkway, Newark, NY, 14513