Digital Engagement Officer (Communications) Hybrid 9 views
- Experience Level Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education 4-year degree
The Urban League of Rochester seeks a Digital Engagement Officer who will play a critical role in ensuring the League achieves its plans for growth in alignment with its mission and vision. This individual will report to the President and CEO and will lead marketing, communications, training, and digital engagement efforts cross-departmentally. The Digital Engagement Officer will be responsible for strategic content creation and distribution and fruitfully managing donor relations, fundraising campaigns, and events. The Digital Engagement Officer will also serve as the coordinator of information technology needs for the agency. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working both independently and collaboratively within a team and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. The successful candidate must be able to communicate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders. Full-time hours, and participation in the early morning, evening, and weekend meetings and events will be required as needed.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Development and implementation of the Urban League brand strategy and overall marketing and communication plan, including identification of resources, tools, and budget needed.
2. Drive timely execution for deliverables, ensuring all deadlines are met with proper input and approvals secured.
3. Lead and manage marketing, communications, fundraising events, and digital fundraising campaigns ensuring funds are raised in a cost-effective manner using all appropriate tools. Identify, examine, integrate, and maximize the effectiveness of all marketing, communication, and digital engagement processes to build strong and stable relationships with prospective and current staff, members, volunteers, and donors, as well as government, business, and community leaders.
4. Take the lead on our Major Donor program and develop an annual cross-channel gift and membership campaign(s).
5. Maintain a “constant contact” program that keeps all major donors, members, and eventcontributors fully engaged on what we are doing, the impact it is having, how the funds are helping, and track volunteer opportunities to get further engaged.
6. Motivate all our key vendors and former program participants (e.g., Black Scholars alumni) to play a role in fundraising.
7. Manage website and create and edit content as needed.
8. Manage the League’s media presence: This includes, but is not limited to, interviews, news conferences and press releases, social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube), and publications including the E-Newsletter.
9. Work with the Database and Digital Engagement Specialist to create and manage content for social media and publications that aligns with the overall marketing and communication plan, including written blog content, posts, videos, and newsletters. JOB STATUS: Regular GRANT FUNDED: No BENEFITS: Eligible FLSA STATUS: Exempt LOCATION: N. Clinton Ave. EFFECTIVE: 3/10/20 REVISED: 10/29/21 SCHEDULE: Full Time (35+ hours/wk) REPORTS TO: President & CEO MANAGES/COACHES: Database & Digital Engagement Specialist
10. Increase awareness for initiatives, fundraising campaigns, and events, both internally with staff and externally with the public. Identify opportunities to influence public perception of the League through positive audience engagement about the League’s mission, vision, and activities.
11. Coordinate content for and distribution of League publications including the E-Newsletter and Annual Report.
12. Ensure data is used in service to the League’s mission through the careful monitoring of all donor information in a standard Donor Relationship Management system (e.g., Salesforce), including individuals, corporate gifts, and foundations.
13. Create annual fundraising plans and submit regular fundraising reports to the President and CEO.
14. Serve as Liaison to the Marketing and Fundraising Committee of the Board of Directors.
15. Develop digital or print promotional materials upon request for promoting the League’s programs, goals, special events, and fundraising activities.
16. Be a strong team player as part of the senior management team in order to deliver shared organizational goals.
17. Collaborate with and coach other leaders in the development and delivery of training cross-departmentally as needed.
18. Supervise, mentor, and coach the development of Marketing/Communications team members, including the Database and Digital Engagement Specialist.
19. Interface with IT services provider to ensure the League’s technology needs are met and that any individual or system-wide hardware/software errors or failures are rectified quickly.
20. Research and select appropriate hardware and software solution options for the agency.
21. Partner with the Facilities team to ensure program leaders are able to acquire the hardware and software they need in a timely fashion.
22. Attend and support Urban League of Rochester events as well as meetings with the Board and Marketing and Fundraising Committee.
23. Perform such duties as the supervisor may assign.
3-5 years of experience in the following areas: Public relations, events coordination, and social media (ex. Facebook). Comprehensive knowledge in nonprofit fundraising and marketing. Business Development, Public Administration, or related social science may be acceptable.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as journalism, public relations, or communications
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (candidates selected to interview will be required to complete a written performance exercise)
• Strong attention to detail and proofreading skills
• Proven results in implementing marketing and communications strategic plans
• Proven results in managing social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc.) and analytics technologies to engage a diverse audience • Familiarity with CMS platforms and basic HTML (Squarespace, etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while managing deadlines
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud Suite of applications, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign • Experience in developing and delivering successful and innovative fundraising and marketing strategies.
• Successful record of accomplishment of fundraising with proven ability to identify and cultivate donors.
• Knowledge of available community resources.
• Must be motivated, passionate, and have a desire to help others.
• Ability to relate to and communicate the organization’s vision and plans to a range of audiences
• Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, organizational, written, and oral communication skills
• Knowledge of the legislation, regulation, and financial issues relating to fundraising
• Competency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Competency with one or more of the leading Donor Relationship Management systems (e.g., Salesforce).
• Able to work evenings and weekends when necessary
• Access to reliable transportation