Senior Public Relations Coordinator 27 views
- Experience Level Highly Skilled
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education 4-year degree
As the Senior Public Relations Coordinator at Wegmans, you will work cross-functionally to lead and execute PR projects, initiatives and campaigns that align with your assigned areas and company objectives. You’ll build relationships and rapport with areas across all areas of Wegmans, including retail store and company leadership to advise on strategic responses and identify opportunities to positively position Wegmans in the media. You will manage all proactive and reactive media relations and create messaging, press releases, and storytelling content pieces that align with company initiatives and business goals.
What will I do?
- Lead the execution of public relations initiatives for assigned business areas to ensure the positive promotion of Wegmans and our products
- Coordinate new media opportunities with stores and corporate subject matter experts
- Prepare communication materials including press releases, media advisories, pitches, and posts for all our different channels, including Wegmans.com, customer relations, employee networks, and social media
- Create content that highlights our company values by brainstorming ideas, conducting interviews, drafting content pieces, coordinating approvals, publishing content, and promoting via digital channels
- Identify PR and content opportunities within assigned focus areas and proactively recommend an approach – article, pitch, social post, press release, influencer, etc.
- Mitigate risk by creating and maintaining good relationships with media and influencer contacts, identify and communicate potential concerns to necessary stakeholders
- 5 or more years of experience writing a variety of public relations content and experience working with the media
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Journalism, or related field
- Experience coordinating large scale projects, preferably at a company-wide level
- Ability to communicate complex topics in a simplified way
- Knowledge of news media, reporting, digital media, online behaviors, and trends
At Wegmans, we believe that if we take care of our people, they’ll take care of our customers. That’s why, as part of the Wegmans family, you’ll have a package of benefits that covers your health, well-being, family and future.
- Flexibility in scheduling—work-life balance
- Employee discounts
- Premium pay on Sundays and holidays
- Quality affordable healthcare coverage
- Vision coverage
- Dental coverage (Available to Full-time only)
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Employee assistance program
- Employee wellness programs
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Wegmans retirement profit sharing plan
- Scholarship Program
*Certain eligibility requirements must be satisfied
For 25 years in a row, our employees have put us on the FORTUNE magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For®. Discover what it means to work for a family owned, mission-driven, values-based company that believes in caring, respect, empowerment, high standards and making a difference in the community. Because with a family-like atmosphere of shared support, leaders who have your best interest at heart and growth as part of everything we do, Wegmans is the place for you to do what you love—and love what you do.