Forensic Intervention Specialist 52 views
- Experience Level Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education Master's Degree
Do you have a passion for improving the quality of life for others in your community? Are you looking for a place where you can grow and build your career? Coordinated Care Services Inc (CCSI) is currently seeking individuals for the roles of Forensic Intervention Specialists – Overnights As an employee of Coordinated Care Services, Inc. (CCSI), you would be partnered to work as a Forensic Investigation Specialist – Overnights with the Monroe County Office of Mental Health (MCOMH)’s Forensic Investigation Team. The Forensic Intervention Team (FIT) collaborates with clinicians and law enforcement agencies to coordinate responses with local law enforcement for behavioral and mental health related crisis and non-crisis situations, provide a de-escalation of events, and evaluate and refer individuals for continued treatment or community support. The Forensic Intervention Specialist – Overnights is an employee of Coordinated Care Services, Inc. (CCSI) and would collaborate with the Monroe County Office of Mental Health (MCOMH) to deliver important programs and services to the Forensic Intervention Team (FIT) .
In your role as a Forensic Intervention Specialist – Overnights, you will be
- Responding to crisis and non-crisis behavioral health and mental health related calls with law enforcement upon dispatch from 911.
- Triaging calls to determine the appropriate level of clinical intervention, balancing needs among various law enforcement departments.
- Balancing immediate needs of persons in crisis with the long-term goals to connect them to ongoing supports, understanding that needs and timelines for transition vary among cases.
- Developing strong relationships with Monroe County’s law enforcement agencies.
- Building effective linkages and relationships with informal and formal community supports (child, adult, and family serving systems), as well as other formal supports.
- Conducting other duties as assigned.
We Are Coordinated Care Services (CCSI)
Coordinated Care Services (CCSI) is celebrating its 30th Anniversary! We have grown to more than 400 talented, dedicated professionals who provide staffing, consulting, and operational support needed by local departments of mental health and social services, state agencies, community-based organizations, and school districts across New York State and beyond! Our mission, simply put, is to help people and communities. At Coordinated Care Services (CCSI), you will have opportunities to collaborate to provide needed support and services to improve lives and strengthen our local communities.
As a Forensic Intervention Specialist – Overnights, Coordinated Care Services Inc (CCSI) can offer you,
- Market competitive compensation.
- An award-winning Wellness@Work and benefits program.
- Continuous professional development opportunities.
- Paid time off (PTO) starts accruing on the first day of employment.
- A voice in shaping Coordinated Care Services (CCSI)’s ever-evolving, diverse company culture.
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), , Licensed Psychoanalyst, or doctorate in psychology, as documented by valid licensure from NYS ED Office of Professions, OR Master’s degree in Forensic Science field plus minimum 5 years’ experience in mental health crisis intervention or mental health crisis response setting, OR Psychiatric Registered Nurse or RN in a mental health environment OR the work and education equivalency (see CCSI’s equivalency chart).
- Direct behavioral health support or treatment in emergency/crisis; criminal justice/forensic; substance use disorders; developmental disabilities; and/or youth/family settings is preferred.
- Availability on weekends and some holidays
- Regular access to a New York State registered, insured, and inspected vehicle for business purposes with a minimum $300,000 personal liability on auto insurance policy.
- Willing to carry police radio for communication and response during shift and on-call.
- Satisfactory completion of all required screenings.
- Full vaccination against the COVID-19 virus. Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified religious or medical/disability needs.