Forensic Intervention Specialist (Overnights) 127 views
- Experience Level Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education Master's Degree
Coordinated Care Services Inc (CCSI) seeks a talented Forensic Intervention Specialist to contribute their expertise in providing essential business services to our provider organizations and customers. The Forensic Intervention Team (FIT) collaborates with clinicians and law enforcement agencies to coordinate responses with local law enforcement for behavioral and mental health related crisis and non-crisis situations, provide a de-escalation of events, and evaluate and refer individuals for continued treatment or community support.
CCSI is partnering with Monroe County Office of Mental Health to hire a Forensic Intervention Specialist. This position is employed by CCSI and working on behalf of Monroe County Office of Mental Health.
In this role, you will be
- Responding to crisis and non-crisis behavioral health and mental health related calls with law enforcement upon dispatch from 911.
- Triaging calls to determine the appropriate level of clinical intervention, balancing needs among various law enforcement departments.
- Balancing immediate needs of persons in crisis with the long-term goals to connect them to ongoing supports, understanding that needs and timelines for transition vary among cases.
- Developing strong relationships with Monroe County’s law enforcement agencies.
- Building effective linkages and relationships with informal and formal community supports (child, adult, and family serving systems), as well as other formal supports.
- Conducting other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), , Licensed Psychoanalyst, or doctorate in psychology, as documented by valid licensure from NYS ED Office of Professions, is preferred OR
- Master’s degree in Social Work or Mental Health plus minimum 5 years’ experience in mental health crisis intervention or mental health crisis response setting, OR Psychiatric Registered Nurse or RN in a mental health environment OR the work and education equivalency (see CCSI’s equivalency chart).
- Direct behavioral health support or treatment in emergency/crisis; criminal justice/forensic; substance use disorders; developmental disabilities; and/or youth/family settings is preferred.
- Availability on weekends and some holidays
- Regular access to a New York State registered, insured, and inspected vehicle for business purposes with a minimum $300,000 personal liability on auto insurance policy.
- Willing to carry police radio for communication and response during shift and on-call.
- Satisfactory completion of all required screenings.
- Full vaccination against the COVID-19 virus. Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified religious or medical/disability needs.