School Sentry I – Safety and Security $18.64-$20.36 1348 views803 applications
- Salary Offer $18.64-20.36
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 0-12 months
- Education High School Diploma or GED
WE WILL TRAIN YOU! No experience required
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS: This is a security position responsible for maintaining order and providing protection to students, faculty and support service personnel within the school and on school property. In the City School District, the School Sentry program is part of a broader student security program. Employees of this class are assigned to various elementary and secondary schools, during regular school hours and those scheduled for extracurricular activities. The work is performed under direct supervision of the school principal or other administrator. General supervision may be exercised over School Sentries II or other staff. Does related work as required.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES: (All need not be performed in a given position. Other related activities may be performed although not listed.)
- Provides protection to students, faculty and support service personnel;
- Patrols on foot and in vehicles the parking lot and grounds to monitor compliance with policies;
- Advises students of school rules, including smoking regulations and related health implications;
- Maintains order in hallways and cafeteria;
- Reports to the Supervisor or principal any emergency situation which may require police assistance;
- Refers violations of policies to principal and accompanies students to the principal’s office;
- Attends orientation and in-service training sessions relative to rules, regulations, policies, first aid, conflict resolution and human relations;
- Prepares simple activity reports concerning such incidents as vandalism, theft, disruptive students, or other breaches of school order;
- Confers with students, parents and adults in community concerning developments within and outside the school which may affect the safety and security of students;
- Attends monthly staff meetings for the solution of security problems and the development of good work habits.
WHEN ASSIGNED TO THE CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT:
Intervenes directly to control disturbances among students, making citizen’s arrests as necessary.
FULL PERFORMANCE KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS: Good knowledge of the physical layout of assigned school and surrounding neighborhood; good knowledge of the District’s regulations and policies pertaining to school order; working knowledge of child and adolescent behavior; working knowledge of the procedures of a citizen’s arrest; working knowledge of conflict resolution; ability to detect potential safety hazards and disturbances; ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; ability to prepare simple reports; ability to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with students and school personnel; ability to detain and/or apprehend violators of school rules and regulations, as per disorderly conduct, disorderly mischief or criminal trespass; ability to exercise sound independent judgment; willingness to work with children and adolescents; initiative; tact; discretion; physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
BENTE 2419 Union position
***When you get to the RCSD application when you press apply press Start and then fill it out***
Application will take approximately 15 careful minutes of your time. Good luck!