Security Officer – EMT
- Salary Offer $23 per hour
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education High School Diploma or GED
EARN A BONUS UP TO $2,500! Hiring immediately!
At Wegmans our commitment is to provide incredible service, to which the foundation is ensuring our customers, employees, and visitors, feel safe and secure while operating on our grounds. As a Wegmans Security Officer, you will be part of the team of individuals who provide a safe environment throughout our corporate, distribution and manufacturing facilities. Our Security Officers play a key role in maintaining the safety of the Wegmans grounds by being a highly trained security professional, skilled in key areas of Wegmans Asset Protection.
What will I do?
- Respond to emergency situations providing clear, calm, and decisive direction while providing medical care to the appropriate level of training/certification as needed
- Manage access control; verify that vendors, contractors, and other visitors have a business purpose to be on site
- Protect company property, corporate assets and the welfare and safety of employees, visitors and vendors while maintaining a strong emphasis on customer service
- Proactively patrol the buildings and grounds of the complex and perform preliminary investigations involving safety and security events as necessary
- 2 or more years of related experience
- Technical aptitude with advanced computer skills
- Experience utilizing good judgement to effectively communicate and manage conflict in stressful situations that protect the well-being of others
- Valid driver’s license
- Degree in Criminal Justice or related field
- Certified EMT
- Certified in CPR, AED, and FAC
- Military, Security, Loss Prevention or Asset Protection experience
- Emergency response training/experience
- EMT: Emergency Medical Technicians – NREMT: National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians
- CPR: Certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation – Red Cross/AHA: American Heart Association
- AED: Automated External Defibrillator – Red Cross/AHA: American Heart Association
- FAC: First Aid Certification – AHA: American Heart Association
At Wegmans, we’ve long believed we can achieve our goals only if we first fulfill the needs of our people. Putting our people first and offering competitive pay and a variety of benefits & perks is just the start of what it means to work at Wegmans.
Whether through premium pay for working on Sundays or holidays, offering industry-leading health care coverage and wellness programs to support physical, financial, and emotional well-being, or paid time off (PTO) to help you balance work and life, we’ve got something for everyone.
And because we care about the wellbeing and success of every person, we recognize each person has their own unique scheduling needs. We’re proud to offer flexibility in scheduling so our employees can prioritize what is most important to them. Our large, high-volume stores and 24×7 operations allow for personalized schedules that balance an employee’s individual needs with the needs of our business and each department.
- Paid time off (PTO) to help you balance your personal and work life
- Higher premium pay rates for working Sundays or on a recognized holiday
- Health care benefits that provide a high level of coverage at a low cost to you
- Retirement plan with both a profit-sharing and 401(k) match
- A generous scholarship program to help employees meet their educational goals
- LiveWell Employee & Family program to support your emotional, work-life and financial wellness
- Exclusive discounts on electronics, entertainment, gym memberships, travel and more!
- And more!