Receptionist Part-Time 33 views3 applications
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 0-2
- Education High School Diploma
Willow Domestic Violence Center is a dynamic and collaborative work environment comprised of dedicated and supportive professionals who care about making our community a better place. Every day we have an impact on the lives of families. Join our team to help fulfill our vision of a community free from domestic violence, where healthy relationships thrive.
The Receptionist at our main building is a key member of the Willow Domestic Violence Center team and has the primary responsibility to provide phone coverage and act as a receptionist. He/she greets and responds to all visitors providing access per agency policy. The Receptionist also provides administrative support to agency staff as directed by supervisor, ensures an adequate supply of shelter paperwork and assists with other administrative duties as assigned. The ideal candidate is has a minimum of one year of experience using a multi-line phone system, exceptional customer service skills and attention to detail.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
RECEPTION AND TELEPHONE
- Answers calls in a timely, professional and courteous manner while following agency standard operating policies and procedures.
- Screens and directs phone calls or takes messages for staff, volunteers and shelter residents.
- Uses overhead paging system, as appropriate.
- Greets all visitors immediately upon their arrival in a professional and pleasant manner.
- Notifies staff members of visitor’s arrival, and asks visitors to wait for an escort.
- Provides access to visitors as appropriate per agency standard operating policies and procedures.
- Release e-mail or delete, as appropriate.
- Ensures that an adequate supply of shelter paperwork to include welcome booklets, blank charts, self-report surveys, court folders and apartment listings is maintained.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
- Perform job responsibilities in a way that reflects Willow’s guiding values.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Complete all functions in an ethically and culturally competent manner.
- Serve as back-up for the mail activities of the Administrative Donations Assistant.
- Assist HR with posting open positions when requested.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.QUALIFICATIONS
High school graduate or GED. Minimum of one year of experience in an office setting to include experience using a multi-line phone or switchboard preferred.
Must have a pleasant personality and exceptional customer service skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel is required. Bi-lingual applicant is a plus; must be able to speak Spanish proficiently.
Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) are required. Mustbe adaptable and flexible.