Registered Nurse, Health Services 124 views
- Postal Code 14623
- Salary Offer $48,240.02
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education 4-year degree
Summary and Purpose of Position:
- This is a professional nursing position involving responsibility for providing health care to students at Monroe Community College. They also provide health care to employees in an emergency situation. Nurses provide emergency care, care of minor acute illness, health education and management, and referral for students following standing order guidelines. Ongoing health education directed toward elevating personal health awareness is an essential part of the work. R.N.’s must be able to become knowledgeable about the functioning of the college and be able to work effectively with individuals and departments within the college and serve on committees. General direction is received from the Director of Health Services or the College Physician. Direct supervision may be exercised over a clerical staff or student worker. Assumes routine responsibility for the office in the absence of the Director of Health Service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews health history questionnaires/medical information on students and follows up as appropriate
- Prepares and maintains accurate health records through the electronic medical record
- Provides a variety of screening services including tuberculin skin testing for students in the Health Sciences Division; review of medical health packets for all students in the health programs and athletes participating in intercollegiate sports for clearances; blood pressure checks, administers immunizations and other health-related services
- Remains alert to and reports on general health, safety and sanitary conditions in the Campus environment which may influence health
- Orders, oversees and inventories first aid and related health supplies and equipment
- Researches, orders, distributes and inventories pertinent health education literature that has been prepared off campus
- Researches and develops literature and articles for general campus distribution or for inclusion in campus publications
- Assists in the orientation of new personnel
- Participates in the development of the annual report and goals for the department
- Provides care for those who have common acute illnesses utilizing standing orders where appropriate
- Provides emergency treatment for those who are injured or have a medical emergency while on campus including visitors, and arranges for medical transport as needed for those who require additional care
- Makes referrals to community services for those needing primary health care or other services not available at MCC
- Follows up on those who experience serious illness or injury on or off campus
- Maintains ongoing contacts with students, their families and faculty members when there is a prolonged health-related absence
- Researches and arranges for ongoing formal health education programs utilizing community agencies as well as campus resources (such as Annual Health Fair)
- Promotes communication with individuals/departments/divisions in the College in order to identify and/or provide pertinent information, medical clearance, necessary screening/testing and other health-related services
- Perform other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Director of Health Services
- Graduation form a regionally accredited or New York State registered school of nursing.
- Possession of a New York State License as a Registered Nurse.
- Must be a Monroe County Resident.
- Earned Bachelors of Science degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited higher education institution
- Current unencumbered New York State licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse and current registration certificate
- Two years clinical experience in nursing
- CPR certified
- Evidence of effective communication (interpersonal, speaking and writing) skills
- Evidence of strong organizational leadership skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Evidence of proficiency with technology
Physical Demands of Position:
- Sedentary work requiring the exertion of up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects; work requires fingering, grasping, and repetitive keyboarding motions; vocal communications is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; visual acuity is required for preparing and analyzing written or computer data, determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work, and observing general surroundings and activities; no adverse environmental conditions; infrequently traveling between buildings on campus, to other campuses, locally or out-of-town to attend meetings and conferences.