Rehabilitation Specialist 96 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level All
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education High School Diploma
Responsible for the rehabilitation program including, but not limited to executive support, coordination and office management, including aspects of inspecting property, cost estimating and inspections in residential rehabilitation projects.
Includes, but not limited to:
- Receives and responds to public inquiries by telephone, in-person, through the mail and e-mail, relay detailed messages to other employees, as appropriate. Handles routine correspondence.
- Processes applications, conducts comprehensive client intake, verifies income and program eligibility, makes preliminary feasibility determination and prepares inspection packets.
- Inspects dwellings requiring rehabilitation and determine scope of work; prepares detailed cost estimates for proposed repair work.
- Prepares bid packets and solicits bidders. Prepares financial packages, contracts and lien documents. Supervises contracted services.
- Inspects dwellings after commitment, after work has begun, and at completion to assess compliance with housing quality standards/codes and timeliness of repayment schedule. Informs Bookkeeper of repayment dates, possible delays, etc.
- Monitors progress on all rehabilitation and maintains accurate, detailed and updated client and computer files, including data entry (audit ready files).
- Designs, improves and implements better methods, tools and materials to maintain an effective residential construction performance standard.
- Represents Sheen Housing in interactions with other housing and construction agencies.
- Coordinates activities with low-income families, architects, engineers, appraisers, contractors, Sheen Housing programs, etc.
- Travels to assigned sites within the 13 counties served by Sheen Housing.
- Prepares detailed statistics, written reports, program procedure manuals and photographs of activities as required by the Executive Director, Funders, Program Sponsors.
- Attends meetings, conferences, and other events as requested by the Executive Director.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Education and experience equivalent to graduation form high school with a minimum of three years’ experience in residential rehabilitation. Associate degree preferred.
- Experience with human services and/or customer services
- Valid New York State driver’s license and access to a properly insured vehicle for work related use.
- Knowledge of housing codes, regulations and housing quality standards.
- Strong computer skill mandated or Microsoft Professional Office
Competitive salary and benefits. Four day work week (Monday-Thursday).