Residential Supervisor 81 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education High School Diploma
The Residential Supervisor is responsible for the quality of the therapeutic milieu and the performance of the Youth Care Professionals. The residential supervisor coaches and mentors assistant supervisors and youth care professionals in meeting the needs of the clients and youth in care. This person is responsible for the efficiency of day to day operations of the unit, including scheduling employees, hiring, training, regulatory compliance (OCFS, OPWDD, OMH, JJS, COA, CMS, etc.) and safety of youth, families, and employees.
This is a full time position in the Cook Unit on the Monroe Avenue Campus working Thursdays, Fridays, Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Communicates, supports and links HFA mission, vision, values, goals, and strategies to everyday work and establishes clear, meaningful, challenging, and attainable objectives and expectations that are aligned with those of the organization.
- Responsible for the administration of Human Resource related functions for assigned employees according to HFA policy and guidelines to include hiring, termination, performance evaluation and management, employee development, employee discipline/corrective action and employee compensation.
- Aligns the right work with the right people and delegates tasks according to people’s strengths and interests.
- Ensures that employees have the skills and resources to be successful.
- Provides employees with coaching, training and opportunities for growth to improve their skills.
- Treats employees fairly and consistently.
- Shares accountability when delegating and involves employees in setting their performance goals.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of experience in a residential setting is required. A candidate with 2 years of supervisory experience in a residential setting (ideally, with Hillside) is preferred. Candidates with an Associate’s degree must have 4 years of experience, and candidates with a high school diploma or GED must have 5 years of experience. All candidates must have a valid NY State Driver’s License and must meet agency driving standards.