Respite Team Lead 4 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education High School Diploma or GED
Respite service focuses on assistance and/or relief for children/youth with disabilities (developmental, physical and/or behavioral), and family/caregivers which can be provided in a planned mode or delivered in a crisis environment. Respite workers supervise the child/youth and engage the child in activities that support his/her constructive interests and abilities.
• Maintain the health and well-being of the individuals EPILEPSY-PRALID, INC serves
• Provide supervision, training, and assistance in accomplishing activities of daily living, which includes, but is not limited to, self-care skills, social skills, recreation skills, community skills, and domestic skills to ensure individuals’ goal plans are followed; transport individuals as directed
• Maintain accurate, up-dated charting and documentation per regulations
• Report all policy violations to appropriate personnel
• Attend staff meetings as directed to evaluate and promote effectiveness of both the individual program and the general program
• Promote workplace safety
• Supervise the child and engage the child in recreational activities that support his/her constructive interests and abilities.
• Provide individual and group recreational activities.
• Other duties assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to lift, transfer, and move at least 50 lbs.
• Must be able to talk, hear, stand for extended periods of time, walk, sit, twist, bend, use hands to finger, handle or feel, stretch with hands and arms
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include
o Close vision
o Ability to adjust focus
While performing the duties of this position, the employee travels by automobile and will be exposed to changing weather conditions.
• High School diploma or GED and 1 year of similar experience.
• Must have a valid NYS Drivers License and access to a vehicle