Sales and Service Rep/Loan Interviewer 25 views
- Salary Offer $20.325 per hour to start
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education High School Diploma or GED
Job Position Purpose/Summary: The Sales and Service Representative (SSR) provides exceptional member service by performing transactions and adherence to exceptional service expectations. This role may serve as an informal leader for the BMAS and MSR staff and needs to have positive leadership attributes (collaborative, team oriented, positive and supportive). Must enjoy working with the public. Possess an engaging outgoing, positive personality that will provide a warm and consistently friendly member experience. Should be interested in problem-solving to help members resolve issues or concerns. Be an advocate for, be able to explain and sell/enroll members, in Credit Union products, offerings, and services. Must be able to interview members and perform needs assessment for a variety of consumer loans and understand underwriting requirements. Comfortable with interfacing with different technologies to obtain status, input information, open new accounts, and process activities for members. Will be required to work with members on variety of accounts such as IRA, CDs, and able to compassionately process death claims. Strong desire to serve the members and local community.
Education & Experience: We pride ourselves in our advocacy for education, growth, and opportunity for experience. This position would minimally require a high school education or GED, with preference for a certificate or degree in financial areas or customer service, along with one to two years’ successful experience in customer service, retail, banking, or financial services industry. Must have knowledge of / experience with lending. Supervisory or some leadership experience preferred.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Due to the nature of this role in dealing with our members on an on-going basis, the position requires (and is not limited to):
• Working knowledge of Credit Union product and service offerings preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written); Efficient time management and organizational skills; Flexibility (able to adapt to changing environment); Leadership attributes.
• Positively communicate with diverse membership and staff population while providing excellent customer service.
• Strong computer skills, adherence to confidentiality, detail oriented.
• Must able to complete all assigned educational courses and Product Certification tests, within required timeframes with passing scores.
• Must be adaptable to changes in the work environment, comfortable with multiple competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events in a calm and logical manner.
• All employees must embrace and foster an environment that supports our mission and core competencies.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.