School Counselor 46 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education Master's Degree
The School Counselor is responsible for providing a success-oriented support and/or skill-building experience for designated students.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducts individual and group education-related counseling for students.
- Performs mandated guidance requirements for those students, such as class selection and school adjustment.
- Prepares and coordinates, with students and treatment teams, the enrollment of the student and families into the public school system.
- Communicates with students’ home school district regarding progress, credits and issues related to transitioning back to home district.
- Assists in identification and coordination of services for those students needing vocational testing and training.
- Coordinates adult transitional services when kids are aging out and are in need of vocational services.
Master’s Degree and Certification in School Counseling with a minimum of 1 year of experience is required. Applicants must have a valid NYS driver’s license and must meet agency driving and insurance requirements.