School Psychologist 23 views
- Postal Code 14620
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education Masters Degree
We are currently hiring for a School Psychologist at our Andrews Trahey School in Rochester, NY. This is a full time (40 hour) position with hours being between Monday-Friday between 7:45 AM – 4:15 PM.
The School Psychologist is responsible for the diagnosis and/or evaluation of mental and emotional disorders of individuals through observation, interview, and psychological tests, and formulates and administers appropriate programs of treatment.
Essential functions of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Selecting, administering, and scoring appropriate psychological tests as well as interpreting test results and preparing psychological reports for teachers, administrators, and parents.
- Compiles and interprets students’ test results, along with information from teachers and parents, to diagnose conditions and to help assess eligibility for special services.
- Develops individualized educational plans (IEP’s) in collaboration with teachers and other staff members and counsels’ children and families to help solve conflicts and problems in learning and adjustment.
- Serves as a resource to help families and schools deal with crises, such as separation and loss.
- Assess an individual child’s needs, limitations, and potential, using observation, review of school records, and consultation with parents and school personnel.
- Provides consultation to parents, teachers, administrators, and others on topics such as learning styles and behavior modification techniques.
- Collects and analyzes data to evaluate the effectiveness of academic programs and other services, such as behavioral management systems while promoting an understanding of child development and its relationship to learning and behavior.
Master’s degree in School Psychology is required. Candidates with a doctoral level degree in clinical psychology along with a minimum of three years working with severely disturbed children are preferred. NYS Certification as a School Psychologist is required. Candidates should have a valid driver’s license and meet agency driving standards.