Access Scheduler 141 views4 applications
- Salary Offer $15+
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education High School Diploma or GED
OVERVIEW: The RTS Access Scheduler plays a critical role within RTS Access Operation. The primary responsibility of this position is to assist RTS Access customers with their transportation needs in a way that uses RTS Access resources in the most efficient manner. Work involves the use of a computerized scheduling system. The Scheduler is responsible for making decisions related to established processes and procedures, while using their judgement to efficiently and effectively negotiate and research the most appropriate trips for customers. This position also addresses customer inquiries regarding RTS Access services, resolves customer complaints, and provides general information over the telephone as necessary. The Scheduler must feel comfortable with the use of computer systems/software. Work is performed under the direct supervision of the Scheduler Supervisor.
SALARY: $15.00 per hour
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time is 40 hours per week. Must be available between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm with the possibility for the need to work past 5:00pm to clear the queue of customers waiting on hold. RTS Access operates seven days a week, 364 days per year; therefore, employees must be able to work flexible hours and varied days including weekends and holidays. This is a Union environment in association with the Teamsters, Local 118.
- Provide excellent customer service in trip reservations.
- Be proficient in the use of the scheduling software to identify and negotiate the most suitable options for customers in an efficient manner.
- Collect all necessary trip information for curb-to-curb services and reasonable modifications.
- Schedule trip requests; negotiates requested times when necessary and appropriate.
- Resolve ride scheduling conflicts and address booking issues by working with dispatchers as necessary.
- Make necessary changes to contact information, fare/rider type, and other important field entries.
- Makes scheduling adjustments where necessary to minimize service disruptions.
- Use GPS tracking software to locate vehicles.
- Ascertain passenger information, i.e., name, address, origin, destination, time requested, aide assistance, return trip information, etc.
- Review manifests during off peak phone hours to ensure efficient runs.
- Use good judgment, be patient and efficient when negotiating rides with customers.
- Additional duties as assigned (may include surveying customers or working on special projects).
- A minimum of two (2) years’ customer service experience.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must be proficient with computers and ability to navigate mapping systems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent customer service skills; customer focused.
- Ability to effectively use a personal computer and all software utilized by the department including, but not limited to, Trapeze and Google Maps; willingness to learn new systems and programs.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks accurately and effectively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with team members.
- Ability to exhibit a professional, courteous demeanor.
- Ability to work in a diverse environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to focus under pressure.
- Attentive to detail.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Ability to take direction, correction, and offer suggestions.
- Familiarity with city and ability to read and understand maps.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit while using hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk, hear, see, and use a computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Rochester Genesee Regional Transportation Authority (RGRTA) is committed to equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. RGRTA will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.