Office Clerk III, Global Education and International Services 7 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education Some College
Summary and Purpose of Position:
Office Clerk III reports directly to the Coordinator II, Global Education and Coordinator II, International Services and is responsible for general clerical support for the GEIS office. The Office Clerk III acts as a liaison between the GEIS office and the international, refugee, and immigrant student population at the College.
Examples of Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide general support for GEIS Center personnel (Coordinator II, Global Education and Coordinator II, International Services)
- Provide intake for international, refugee, and immigrant students and triage their requests and concerns to the appropriate offices
- Schedule and promote workshops for faculty and students
- Manage calendars for GEIS personnel
- Process all requisitions, purchase orders, honorariums, food orders, internal budget forms, contracts for visiting speakers, and related forms/invoices
- Research price and content of items purchased for programming
- Enter all information into a budget spreadsheet and track entries to budget
- Create Prior Approval Travel Request forms for anyone traveling to conferences, seminars, or trips through COIL or Fulbright under the GEIS organization budget
- Research travel details, including schedules, pricing, and accommodations
- Process Travel & Expense reports for MCC COIL faculty and visiting international COIL faculty
- Assist the Coordinators and Cross-Cultural Counselors with event planning
- Ensure students appointment times are entered into Banner via SOAAPPT
- Create and manage a GEIS database of faculty and staff based upon participation and/or expressed interest in GEIS events
- Support the Cross-Cultural Counselor by assisting immigrant and refugee students with MCC applications
- Support the Cross-Cultural Counselor with immigrant and refugee student placement test needs
- Facilitate new student completion of MCC Health Services documents
- Explain MCC Certificate of Residence requirements for incoming students and assist in filling out and identifying acceptable documentation
- Leads, supervises, coordinates, and evaluates any direct reports, departments and programs adhering to appropriate college.
- Contributes to, supports, and maintains an equitable, inclusive, and collaborative College environment.
- Maintains technological competencies utilized by the College.
- Commits to the philosophy of a comprehensive community college.
- Works effectively within SUNY as part of a state system
- Commits to professional growth. which includes seeking ongoing training in diversity, equity and inclusion to better serve students.
- Responsible for adhering to the College Code of Conduct
- Must currently hold the title of Office Clerk III or be reachable on the Civil Service Eligibility list for this title.
- Must be a Monroe County Resident.
- Experience working in multicultural settings with skills in cross-cultural communication and cultural sensitivity
- Experience studying or working internationally highly desired
- Interest in global education
- Bilingual and able to read, write, and speak Spanish or other languages proficiently