Unarmed Security Guard (Syracuse)
- Salary Offer $15 to $16.00 /hour
- Experience Level Entry Level
- Total Years Experience 0-12 months
- Education High School Diploma or GED
- Observes and reports activities and incidents at an assigned locations, providing security and safety of clients and property.
- Makes periodic patrols to check for safety, and to inspect the sites, as well as fire control equipment.
- Ensures order and safety, and may act to enforce rules and regulations for the site pertaining to staff, visitors, and premises.
- Some locations the guard will control access to the property or facility through the main entrances.
- Patrols assigned sites on foot- checks for security violations, hazards, unlocked doors, blocked entrances and exits, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons on property.
- Reports details of incidents in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations-while keeping scene secure.
- Security guard will respond appropriately per procedures and protocols to incidents of fire, medical emergencies, bomb threats, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergencies, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents.
- Security guard will maintain logs and reports as required.
- Additional duties may be assigned to the Security Guard per site as required, and functions may be modified, according to that individual sites needs.
- MUST HAVE A VALID NEW YORK STATE SECURITY LICENSE
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate with others well -bilingual also a plus, but not required.
- Must meet and continue to meet New York State licensing requirements for Security Officers.
- Must have reliable transportation
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $15 to $16.00 /hour