Social Studies Teacher 61 views
- Salary Offer Competitive
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education 4-year degree
University Preparatory Charter School for Young Men is currently seeking candidates for Social
Studies Teacher position in grades 7-12 for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Plans an instruction program that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests and
abilities of students.
- Creates an environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and—in harmony with the
goals—establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects and the like to communicate these
objectives to students.
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated
- Evaluates the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as
- Diagnoses the learning abilities and disabilities of students on a regular basis, seeking the
assistance of District specialists as required.
- Counsels with colleagues, students and parents on a regular basis and works cooperatively with
staff, superiors and community.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and
conduct and develops reasonable rules of behavior and procedure and maintains order in a fair and
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Attends meetings and serves on staff committees as appropriate.
- Follows State Education Department’s regulations.Compensation and benefits:
- Teacher salary is competitive with salaries at area public schools.
Opportunities for additional pay include sports coaching, Saturday School program, and facilitation of
- University Prep offers a medical benefits package to employees, life insurance
policies, including a 403B (employer contribution) retirement account in which monies are deposited
by the school twice per year.