Case Manager Emergency Housing 25 views
- Experience Level Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education 4-year degree
Provide case management to women and families in Emergency Housing.
- Provide case management services and case coordination to Emergency Housing residents.
- Conduct initial orientation and exit interviews, and provide assistance with shelter, basic needs information and referrals to women needing short/long term housing.
- Assist women in developing/identifying/evaluating and revising a service plan, milestones and short and long-term goals.
- Maintain and distribute supply of bus passes, food, personal hygiene items and keys.
- Communicate and case conference regularly with supervising case manager and team. Link residents to appropriate services and activities within and outside the YWCA, including employment and training services, legal assistance, substance abuse programs, housing, mental health and other appropriate services. Serve as liaison between YWCA and other social agencies and community resources.
- Maintain accurate up-to-date electronic records, reports and billings. Monitor and follow up on residents’ progress towards meeting goals.
- Facilitate weekly Life Skills Workshops and resident meetings.
- Demonstrates understanding of and sensitivity to cultural differences.
- Demonstrates compliance with all appropriate HIPAA Privacy and Security Standards as defined by the YWCA of Rochester and Monroe County.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Experience and Education Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or Human Services; or Associate’s Degree with equivalent experience.
- Two (2) years experience in crisis intervention counseling.
Usual social services office working conditions prevail. Regularly required to be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
At YWCA of Rochester & Monroe County, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.