Case Manager Long Term & Affordable Housing 23 views
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education 4-year degree
Provide case management and case coordination to families
- Conduct initial screenings/intake, assessments for each household referred for housing.
- Provide case management and coordination service. This includes but not limited to consistent contact with head of household, entitlements assistance, medical, mental health, employment, literacy and higher education, legal services, safety planning, goal planning, etc.
- Develop a working relationship with property management. Expected to establish consistent communication with the intent of supporting the household and addressing barriers to housing stability.
- Develop YWCA and community partnerships that can be beneficial to program participants.
- Enter timely and accurate data into HMIS (Homeless Management Information System) per coordinated access and YWCA policies.
- Develop goals, document all contact, income changes and outcomes in HMIS.
- Maintain household files per YWCA and funder standards.
- Communicate and case conference regularly with supervisor, and other outside organizations working with program participants.
- Link families to appropriate services and activities within and outside the YWCA as identified in the program participant individualized service plan.
- Assist program participants with the re-certification process as needed.
- Case conference with property rental manager, providers, and other community resources.
- Participate in community workgroups/meetings as it relates to the Continuum of Care and coordinated access
- Demonstrates understanding of and sensitivity to cultural differences, person centered practices and trauma informed care.
- Demonstrates compliance with all appropriate HIPAA Privacy and Security Standards as defined by the YWCA of Rochester and Monroe County.
- Attend monthly department and all staff meeting.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Experience and Education Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree preferred in Counseling, Human Services, Sociology or Social Work. May consider Associates Degree with good combination of education and experience with at least 2 years in case management, crisis intervention or counseling.
- Must have experience and proficiency in database management and Microsoft Office applications.
At YWCA of Rochester & Monroe County, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.