Software Engineer – Information Technology 26 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education 4-year degree
This is an exciting time to join the Payment & Tax Compliance Software Engineering team as we build our presence in the Fintech industry! Our innovative teams are developing next generation solutions, using cutting edge technologies and mature continuous delivery practices. The applications we support allow Paychex to be the trusted provider for over a half million businesses, delivering market leading employee pay options, tax fulfillment, and employer compliance solutions. We are the 9th largest mover of funds in the U.S by moving over $600 Billion annually through our software.
What can you expect to do in this role?
- Become a member of a highly functional agile team that works directly with Scrum Masters, Product Owners and Analysts that are co-located in a collaborative, flexible space.
- Have the opportunity to utilize technologies to build cloud based event driven applications using Java, OpenShift, Angular, HTML5, MongoDB, Kafka, RESTful microservices and Spring framework.
- Participate in the design and creation of the next generation of Money Movement applications, collaborating on green field solutions and development.
- Acquire and utilize strong technical and application knowledge to produce deliverables in an agile environment.
- Act as a technical leader by making significant technical contributions (e.g. designs and documents program changes, provides technical direction).
- Demonstrate versatility of knowledge and apply strong technical skill base to contribute to related applications outside specific area of expertise.
- Participates in investigation of opportunities for improvement and makes recommendations. May consult technical equipment / software vendors and current users in these evaluations.
- Have the opportunity to innovate through the use of innovation time and participation in hack-a-thons.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer related discipline or equivalent work experience
- 1 year of experience in Related field and experience using one or more programming language(s).
- Experience in Java / object oriented programing language
- Experience with RESTFUL microservices preferred
- Experience with Cloud based infrastructure is preferred
- Experience with non-relational databases is preferred.
Paychex is dedicated to fostering a culture of intentional Inclusion and Diversity (I&D). Our valued employees and commitment to I&D is the essence of our internal and external success. Inclusivity is a key value of our corporate culture and is exemplified through our reputation as a top employer for employee development, diversity, and ethics, as well as a focus on fairness in recruitment, selection, and decision making.