Software Systems Architect 23 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education 4-year degree
PAYCHEX IS LOOKING FOR A VISIONARY!
Software Systems Architect
We have an opening for an IT architect to join our team! We are responsible for setting the technical vision for Paychex internal and external facing products and services and, in turn, driving teams towards that vision. If you are someone who knows how to take complex technologies and apply them to real-world problems, you will flourish in this position! You are known for your talents as a:
Creative challenges- you welcome them! You love brainstorming, coming up with new ideas, better processes, and ways to advance our work in current trends and new technologies. You succinctly describe your ideas to your peers and teams.
Understanding the importance of partnership in our business is crucial to being successful. You thrive on communicating with other departments, identifying where you can assist others, and partnering with groups towards an end goal. You can successfully influence a team in a direction, keeping everyone in-the-know.
- Leads architectural initiatives for development of the applications that support our internal and external users.
- Partners with our UX and product teams to shape our product capabilities
- Integration of 3rd party Enterprise Business software with our internal systems, leveraging standards and APIs heavily
- Key technical resource for vetting vendor partners and interacting with them after selection
- Creates tactical and strategic technology roadmaps
- Creates and evangelizes architecture, design standards, and best practices
- Performs Proof of Concept (POC), Proof of Value (POV), and prototyping initiatives for new technologies and processes
- Participates in technical due-diligence exercises for potential Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A)
- Identifies innovation opportunities for utilizing leading edge technologies
- Participates throughout our Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), CD, and CI efforts
Essential: Bachelor’s degree and proven experience creating and enhancing internal and external enterprise-scale systems. Hands-on Java or .Net experience
Ability to communicate with a wide-range of people from teams responsible for delivering applications, Architects, Developers, Product Owners, Program Managers, IT Directors & VPs
Desirable: 3+ years in an Architecture role with demonstrable enterprise influence