Spanish Teacher 64 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education 4-year degree
University Preparatory Charter School for Young Men is currently seeking candidates for a Spanish teacher position in grades 9-12 for the 2019-20 school years.
- Plans an instruction program that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of students.
- Creates an environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of students.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and—in harmony with the goals—establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects and the like to communicate these objectives to students.
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives.
- Evaluates the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Diagnoses the learning abilities and disabilities of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of District specialists as required.
- Counsels with colleagues, students and parents on a regular basis and works cooperatively with staff, superiors and community.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct and develops reasonable rules of behavior and procedure and maintains order in a fair and just manner.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Attends meetings and serves on staff committees as appropriate.
- Follows State Education Department’s regulations.
Teacher Support: University Prep has a strong operational team with student managers at each grade level who support student achievement through a disciplinary model that includes students’ families. Administration provides all necessary instructional materials and support in a coaching model designed to build teacher confidence and competence. In-house professional development fosters teacher professional growth and is focused on increasing student achievement. Our three graduating classes have exceeded a rate of 94% and all of our seniors have been accepted at 2 or 4 year colleges or training programs.
Compensation and benefits: Teacher salary is competitive with salaries at area public schools. Opportunities for additional pay include sports coaching, Saturday School program, and facilitation of student clubs. University Prep offers a medical benefits package to employees, life insurance policies, including a 403B (employer contribution) retirement account in which monies are deposited by the school twice per year.