Special Education Teacher 29 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education Certification
We are currently hiring for a Special Education Teacher at our Rochester, NY location. This is a full time (40 hour) position with hours being between Monday-Friday between 8am – 4:00pm.
The Special Education Teacher is responsible for providing a success-oriented learning and/or skills-building experience for designated students. The candidate for this position must possess strong behavior management skills, as well as the ability to differentiate instruction in order to meet the needs of the youth that we serve. Candidates also must be able to work effectively as a member of the treatment team.
Essential functions of this job include, but are not limited to:
- The Special Education Teacher demonstrates strong classroom/learning environment and management skills using boundaries and rules to promote students’ self-management and responsibility, and is adept at behavior management and recognizing the need for prevention, intervention and problem-solving techniques.
- The person in this position is an adult role model for students and colleagues in all behaviors including communication, hygiene, and appearance, management of self, response to stress / challenges and in the demonstration of professional relationships with others.
- As a member of an interdisciplinary team and child advocate, the Special Education Teacher demonstrates (on the job) a broad understanding of students’ educational, social and personal challenges and capabilities, and also demonstrates a commitment to quality through the effective use of resources including and not limited to time, materials, technology and personnel.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s degree is preferred. NYS Certification in Special Education is required for grades 7-12. Candidates should have a valid driver’s license and meet agency driving standards.