Summer 2019 Monroe County Democratic Committee Internship 94 views
- Salary Offer N/A
- Experience Level All
- Total Years Experience 0-12 months
- Education High School Diploma
As an organization, the Monroe County Democratic Committee exists to provide
multiple levels of support to National, State, and local Democratic campaigns for public office. In
addition, MCDC seeks to play a meaningful role in communities across Monroe County, and as such
is active in many non-partisan efforts to better our community. Each year, we lean heavily on our
staff of interns to uphold numerous responsibilities. Along with day-to-day tasks, our interns are
able to take on roles specific to many of the different aspects of campaign work, ranging from
voter targeting and outreach to fundraising and writing press releases.
▪ Answer phones, communicate with constituents on numerous issues, and direct
calls and walk-in requests accordingly.
▪ Assist with overall communications-social media, emails to volunteers, and more.
▪ Research info on town, city, and village laws and politics.
• Campaign Finance Responsibilities
▪ Assist in the preparation of mandated Campaign Finance Reports.
▪ Active in donor research, using various mediums to identify potential donors
▪ Assist in building, organizing, and maintaining donor databases.
Voter Outreach and Field Operations responsibilities
▪ Assist in targeting potential voters by analyzing previous election data and current
▪ Input and manage important data gathered through direct contact with voters.
▪ Generate reports for various campaigns on the status of their Field Operations
(Amount of doors knocked, amount of voters spoken to, etc.).
may 20th to August 2nd