Staff Accountant 55 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education 4-year degree
Medical Center Finance
Performs professional accounting work requiring knowledge and application of general accounting theory, techniques and practices, and knowledge of the University accounting system. In addition, gathers information, analyzes and interprets data and disseminates information appropriately.
Under the direction of the Sr. Financial Analyst and with latitude to exercise independent judgment:
- Primary initiator for UR Financials journal entry process. Audits Health Science Division departmental manual journal entries for accuracy, proper FAO, Ledger Account and FAC use to ensure general accounting practices and policies are followed and financial reporting requirements are met. Provides HSD departments guidance on JE processes; work closely with departments to correct errors.
- Assist with the review, analysis and approval of divisional HR requests; verifies Form 600 replacement requests exist within departmental budgets.
- Reconciles revenues and expenditures by reviewing University ledgers on a monthly basis, initiates corrective action or recommends solutions as appropriate. Analyzes and updates various spreadsheets on an ad-hoc and routine basis relating to reconciliations and financial transactions and validates accuracy and completeness.
- Assists with Health Sciences Division department operating budgets using the University UR Budget system. Prepares budget roll forwards and analyzes department proposals to accurately interpret and document budget activity.
- Reconciles and reviews specific customer account receivables. Creates and distributes customer invoices on monthly basis (i.e.: Excell Partners; UMI, VNS, etc.). Provides additional information as requested. Performs all necessary tasks to deposit and post customer payments related customer invoices in UR Financials. Serves as backup to Sr. Accountant for larger, more complicated customer invoices.
- Performs additional financial / accounting duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting and one year of professional accounting experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, strong Microsoft Word and PowerPoint skills preferred.