Summer Leap Teacher/Seasonal 23 views
- Salary Offer $24.93 - $28.19
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Entry Level
- Total Years Experience 0-2
- Education Masters Degree
This is a Seasonal position in the Department of Recreation & Youth Services
- Reports to the Education Specialist, or designee
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with all program partners
- Performs an end-of-program assessment to determine the progress of the children
- Maintains daily attendance records, weekly lesson plans and other required documents as assigned.
- Plans and implements lesson that address group and individual children’s needs
- Communicates with the summerLEAP Family Support Specialist periodically to work as a team in support of the student and the family unit
- Organizes and maintains area to insure that the environment is pleasant, safe and clean
- Creates an environment where children’s cognitive, social, emotional and physical needs are developed
- Enters daily attendance into the computerized tracking system
- Attends swimming lessons with the teaching team, and may be required to be in the pool with the students
- Attends all GRSLA pre-summer training offered
- Keeps knowledge of children and families confidential
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Director
High School Diploma or Equivalent;
Master’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related field, PLUS New York State teaching certification; PLUS One (1) year of experience working with preschool children.
CITY RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION.