Rochester Institute of Technology
Receiving Clerk 59 views
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education NONE
Anticipated work hours:
Monday thru Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm
Saturday and Sunday Off
Hours may adjust due to school breaks or business needs
Additionally, flexible scheduling/work hours may be required during break week, summer and intersession. In addition, large institute events may require additional hours (such as commencement (graduation) and Imagine RIT Festival).
- Responsible to all customers and co-workers to provide excellent service in a friendly, sincere and courteous manner.
- Receive all food and associated products; checking for good quality and ensuring that it matches invoices.
- Thorough knowledge of proper food handling with emphasis on proper food storage practices.
- Keep good records of invoice and communication with management team of any changes to the order/delivery.
- Put away products in appropriate coolers, freezers and dry storage’s following RIT’s standards and procedures.
- Maintain all coolers, freezers and storage areas clean, organized and all products off the floor. Maintain the upkeep and cleanliness of the facilities and equipment
- Help all staff with the locating of items and notifying them when items are received.
- Assist in food production when needed
- Assist with the counting of inventory as directed
- May be required to go to other units on campus or to vendors off campus to pick up ingredients or necessary products, equipment etc.
- Assist in any areas or projects as requested by management.
- Attend meetings, seminars, training sessions and serve on committees as requested or required by manager.
- Report to work on time, adhere to break policies and wear proper uniform.
- Adhere to and follow precautionary measures as they relate to safety in the workplace.
Live our values, embrace diverse perspectives, and nurture the RIT community to remain a great place to work for all.
- Two years in high volume receiving/stock room environment or equivalent combination of work and experience
- Serve Safe certified or willing to obtain within 6 months.
- Strong work ethic and ability to lift 50-75lb boxes on a regular basis
- Must prioritize the order of work in order to protect the integrity of the food
- Basic knowledge of food handling to safeguard the received foods
- Able to work as a team member taking direction from multiple supervisors and co-workers as well as able to work independently
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail