Supervisor, Grant Funded Services 159 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education 4-year degree
Trillium Health, a Federally Qualified Health Center Look-Alike, is a community health center offering access to affordable care for all, with a special focus on meeting the needs of LGBTQ people, communities of color, and underserved populations.
Nationally recognized for outstanding patient-centered care, the team at Trillium Health provides a wealth of knowledge and experience. Our expansive array of services, including testing and treatment, laboratory services, primary and specialty care, and an on-site pharmacy, makes it easier for patients and clients to receive the complete care they need, all in one place.
Our authentic commitment to diversity and inclusion is evidenced through our hiring practices, our employee programs, and our compassion for everyone we serve. Based in downtown Rochester, with satellite locations in Bath and Geneva, and MOCHA centers in Buffalo and Rochester, Trillium is deeply invested in building community. We proudly sponsor many other nonprofit organizations throughout the area and participate in a wide range of community events.
Trillium’s employee-centered company culture and exceptional benefits have contributed to impressive growth in recent years, raising our staff total to more than 250. We hope you will consider joining us on this upward path and becoming a part of the Trillium Health family.
We are currently recruiting for a Supervisor, Grant Funded Services.
Program Development and Evaluation
- Assist in the administrative, planning, development, and implementation functions of the Care Management and Supportive Services department.
- Develop and maintain relationships with community agencies and medical facilities to obtain new referrals and ensure unduplicated services for existing patients/clients.
- Work with department leadership to design and monitor performance and quality standards, including outcome evaluations, productivity and workload targets, peer review and client/patient record reviews.
- Ensure that staff members meet the contract requirements, deadlines and expectations of the agency, our department and our funders.
- Review all patient complaints, identify possible/probable root cause, and take steps necessary to prevent recurrences in the future.
Supervision and Performance Management
- Participate in the selection, hiring and orientation of assigned direct reports.
- Ensure staff development, assess competencies and provide guidance as needed.
- Clearly articulate expectations and manage to those expectations through positive feedback, coaching and progressive discipline if required.
- Management of staff time clocks, work schedules, etc.
- Review of documentation that is completed on behalf of and about patients/clients. Includes but not limited to: assessments, service plans and log notes.
- In collaboration with Manager, Care Management and Supportive Service, address performance issues through coaching/counseling, performance improvement plans, and progressive discipline as required.
- Demonstrate leadership, good judgment and sound decision making when handling situations that require management intervention.
- Complete yearly performance evaluations for assigned direct reports.
Case Management and Outreach Services
- Model and facilitate effective teamwork and collaborative behaviors towards Trillium coworkers and interagency colleagues, which includes: coverage of staff absences and providing good customer service.
- Provide patient centered, quality driven, culturally appropriate case management to patients in compliance with agency policies and funder requirements.
- Perform outreach and develop partnerships in the community to expand Ryan White Case Management and Medical Transportation services in the communities we serve.
- Assist in the reduction of avoidable health care cost specifically: preventable hospital admissions/readmissions and avoidable emergency room visits by providing timely post discharge follow-up and improving patient outcomes.
- Create, document, execute and update an individualized patient centered plan of care for each individual that includes community-based and other social supports services in addition to healthcare services that respond to patient’s/client’s needs and preferences and contribute to achieving their goals.
- Build relationships with patient and all members of the treatment team to support continuity of care and promote health.
- Document each patient interaction comprehensively and concisely in accordance with funder standards and organizational expectations.
- Advocate for patient access of entitlement programs, treatment facilities, and other needed community services.
- Promote patient access into internal agency services including but not limited to: support groups, housing services, nutrition & health education, behavioral wellness, substance use treatment and medical care.
- Adhere to all government and funder regulations
- Monitor status of funds available for the Ryan White Case Management and Medical Transportation grants.
- Assist in identifying additional resources for patient/client/participant supportive services.
- Assist in the completion of necessary program reports.
- Participates in the development of Case Management and Medical Transportation policies and procedures.
- Requires the ability and commitment to respect and support inclusiveness and diversity including but not limited to individuals of different backgrounds, cultures, races, ages, sexual orientations, gender identities or expressions, experiences, opinions, etc.
- Requires individual demonstration of commitment to the One Trillium behaviors and business impacts and modeling them in the organization.
- Responsible for maintaining confidentiality of all patient, client, employee, protected and proprietary information.
- Employees are accountable for meeting the performance standards of their departments and must participate as requested in compliance audits, process improvement and quality improvement plans.
- Other specific duties as assigned.
Master’s degree in Health and Human Services, Social Work, or a closely related field with 1 year of supervisory experience OR Bachelor’s degree in Health and Human Services, Social Work or a closely related field with 2 years of supervisory experience, OR an Associate’s degree in Health and Human Services, Social Work, or a closely related field and 3 years of supervisory experience. Computer proficiency is required. Fluency in Spanish and/or ASL desirable. Must be accustomed to diversity. Must have a reliable vehicle, a valid NYS driver’s license, and proof of required automobile insurance.
Trillium Health offers employment to all employees & applicants. No person shall be discriminated against in employment on the basis of race, age, color, marital status, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, status as a domestic violence victim, genetic condition or predisposition, or any other characteristic protected by law.