Systems Engineer II 19 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education 2-year degree
Paychex of New York LLC seeks a full time Systems Engineer II at our offices located at 675 Basket Road, Webster, NY 14580.
Responsible for troubleshooting, installing, configuring, and maintaining infrastructure components that act as the platform to support business requirements.
- Support, maintain, patch and upgrade the UCS computing platform including all components and supporting hardware;
- Support, maintain, configure, patch and upgrade the virtual infrastructure platform (Vmware vSphere) and supporting components including virtual machine configuration and troubleshooting, virtual storage configuration, virtual networking configuration and migration technologies, including VMware’s vMotion, and developing testing disaster recovery plans ;
- Support, maintain, patch and upgrade systems in support of the internal cloud PAAS platforms (platform as a service), mainly Redhat OpenShift including Kubernetes, docker and the multiple underlying cloud infrastructure components;
- Support, maintain, patch and upgrade the storage infrastructure including block, file, object and backup arrays including EMC, Pure, Infinidat, IBM and all competing products;
- Develop and implement complex infrastructure platforms automation scripts to maintain the environment;
- Create and maintain platforms’ technical reference documentation to be used in support and training of Information Technology personnel;
- Provide technical support during critical and non-critical business hours on middleware and applications (Corporate and Third-Party), including problem alerting, analysis, resolution, and follow-up to ensure platform stability;
- Research new software and platform technologies and make recommendations for adoption;
- Identify and resolve issues that could affect performance of internal systems in the storage and computer environment; and
- Attend design reviews in support of application and infrastructure project implementations.
- Associate’s Degree in Computer related discipline and/or an IT certification in an applicable field – Preferred
- 4 years of experience in Infrastructure administration or support role. Applicant should have experience in IT systems administration and process management.