Teacher Aide 21 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Entry Level
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education High School Diploma or GED
- Assists students with academic assignments;
- Assists students with their project research, encyclopedia skills, card catalogue skills, computer skills, etc.;
- Corrects papers;
- Performs simple and routine clerical duties such as copying or duplicating, filing and compiling attendance sheets;
- Maintains inventory of and schedules repairs for classroom equipment (such as film strips, cassettes);
- Proctors examinations;
- Assists handicapped students with their daily activities with regard to mobility.
- Assist guidance, pupil services staff or building administration, as needed.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of the school organization;
- ability to follow oral and written instructions;
- ability to obtain student cooperation and attention;
- ability to give instructions;
- ability to work well with students and school personnel;
- ability to understand and deal with student behavior;
- ability to maintain simple records;
- tact; patience;
- good judgment;
- physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
- Works in classrooms and school building environments.
- Ability to work outdoors during outdoor student activities.
Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma; plus, EITHER:
(A) One (1) year full-time or its part-time paid or volunteer equivalent experience working in a clerical capacity; OR,
(B) One (1) year full time or its part-time paid or volunteer equivalent experience working with children; OR,
(C) Possession of a certificate of completion of a course of Child Care through an occupational school, The American Red Cross or similar agency; OR,
(D) A combination of experience as defined by the limits of (A), (B) and (C) above.
Note: Successful completion of one (1) year of college education beyond high school (minimum of 30 semester college credit hours) may be substituted for the one (1) year of experience.