Telecommunications Analyst 9 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education 2-year degree
Telecommunications Analyst, Communications and Network Services, Provisional
- Receives requests (adds, moves, changes) from departments and the Help Desk;
- Conducts in-house and outside assignments of hardware changes necessary to complete work requests;
- Configures software relating to Cisco UC and new extension configurations, automatic call distribution, pick groups, and hunt groups;
- Maintains and updates repair tracking system; Monitors daily operation of the SIP Trunks and PRI connections.
- Provides user support by answering questions and responding to trouble calls regarding the system;
- Manages extension assignments for all current operations, maintains and updates departmental databases and directories;
- Determines equipment needs, other than cabling, and telephone configurations, for new construction or renovation project;
- Manages telephone number and extension assignments;
- Follows up with vendors and building management to insure all schedules are met and assists in resolving installation problems;
- Determines that completed installations are functioning correctly and assists in resolving problems between user and vendor;
- Collects and analyzes Cisco Unity and voice messaging data, and produces monthly reports;
- Schedules voice messaging and Cisco Unity messages;
- Provide formal training to users, including new features and special design configurations, and develops curriculum and software design for all training programs;
- Summarizes Automatic Call Distribution data, conducts a utilization analysis, and makes procedural recommendations based on usage;
- Establishes a communications link with the “switches”, interprets traffic statistics, and produces monthly availability ·reports;
- Works with physical cable infrastructure, Category 5e/6/6a wiring.
Must currently hold the Monroe County Civil Service title of Telecommunications Analyst or meet the following minimum qualifications to take the next exam given for this title: A) Successful completion of at least (60) college semester credit hours including a minimum of (18) semester credit hours in Telecommunications Management or Telecommunications Engineering Technology (must be specified on application); OR, B) 2 years paid full-time or its part-time equivalent experience in managing or implementing a telecommunications system; OR, C) An equivalent combination of training and experience as defined by the limits of (A) and (B) above.
Provisional: Successful candidate must take the next exam offered for this title, must pass the exam and be reachable on the eligible list established from results of this exam for a permanent appointment.
Job Type: Full time, Permanent