RTS Access Dispatcher 47 views1 application
- Salary Offer $15.30 per hour
- Experience Level Highly Skilled
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education High School Diploma or GED
ABOUT RTS ACCESS: RTS Access provides complementary service, also known as “paratransit service,” to the RTS fixed route system. This form of transportation is available to those customers with disabilities who are unable to utilize the RTS fixed route system for all or some of their transportation needs.
The Dispatcher is responsible for dispatching and coordinating the movement of Bus Operators and paratransit vehicles, facilitating the deployment of safe and efficient paratransit service, monitoring Bus Operators to ensure policy and procedural compliance, assisting customers by scheduling and cancelling rides and providing information about service, and maintaining operational and service records, logs, and other data.
HOURS: Thursday, Friday, Saturday, 3:00pm – 1:00am & Monday, 7:00am – 5:00pm
Starting wage rate in accordance with the Teamsters, Local 118 collective bargaining agreement: $15.30 per hour
- Utilize dispatching software (Trapeze PASS, OrbCAD (Computer Aided Dispatching) and monitor computer, two-way radio, and telephone to dispatch paratransit vehicles upon request or prearranged schedule; track and record location and movement of vehicles to maintain schedule and adequately cover service.
- Input service and operational data; maintain service and operational records, including logs of scheduled runs, number of vehicles, and names of Bus Operators.
- Prepare run rosters and Bus Operators’ manifests.
- Modify and update schedules to improve service.
- Provide friendly and professional customer service; schedule or cancel rides; confirm ride times, explain service, and/or answer questions; answer telephone calls to office during off-hours.
- Assist Bus Operators with service delivery as needed; support Bus Operators through real-time problems.
- Receive radio or telephone reports of delays, accidents, breakdowns, emergencies and/or other operating or maintenance difficulties; respond to reports of accidents, breakdowns, and emergencies by dispatching replacement or extra vehicles and completing reports.
- Collect and count fares submitted by Bus Operators; reconcile cash with service provided and prepare record of cash received.
- Monitor Bus Operators’ dress code, radio conduct, and performance; report policy and procedural violations and other performances issues and report to Manager of Lift Line Operations.
- Assist administrative staff with general office duties.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts extending across a 10-hour per day operating schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- At least three years’ experience working as a dispatcher or supervisor; experience working in customer service preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to perform a variety of routine duties involving the use of procedures and the application of clearly prescribed standard practice. The incumbent at times will be required to make decisions and use sound judgment in cases where defined policies may not explicitly address a situation.
- Ability to work from objectives defined by the supervisor or by explicit procedures and rules. Proceeds alone on routine work and refers questionable cases to supervisor. Finished work not regularly reviewed by supervisor. Performance of tasks and activities are reviewed by supervisor on a scheduled basis.
- Strong computer skills, including basic knowledge of MS Windows, MS Outlook, MS Word, Trapeze, OrbCAD and Orb-Star and intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to effectively operate two-way radios and office equipment.
- Excellent customer service skills; customer focused.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively and professionally communicate with diverse constituencies.
- Strong organizational skills; attentive to detail; ability to follow through on tasks from beginning to end.
- Strong time management skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Flexibility; ability to quickly adapt to change.
- Ability to handle stressful situations; ability to focus under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit while using hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk, hear, see, and use a computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.