Youth Advocate 44 views2 applications
- Postal Code 14609
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Entry Level
- Total Years Experience 0-2
- Education 2-year degree
The Youth Advocate actively provides support and mentoring to assigned youth in the Hillside Work-Scholarship Connection program using the best practices of a youth development model to assist each student achieving positive academic outcomes, attain successful employment experience and graduate from high school.
Hours are Monday-Friday during the business day.
Essential Functions of the job are (but not limited to):
- Assists in the identification and selection of youth who have the personal characteristics to become successful participants in the Work-Scholarship Connection (HW-SC) program.
- Regularly interacts with HW-SC participants in their academic environment to assist with the development of study, time-management skills and the development of life skills training.
- Conducts family and parental/guardian contacts via home visits or by phone to ensure that the parent/guardian is informed of, and is in agreement with, the service goals identified for their child.
- Continually demonstrates the emotional confidence and good judgment required to develop productive, engaged youth, and well as to develop enhanced school and parent/guardian relationships while adhering to policy and identified best practices.
- Be an adept communicator at all levels, recognizing issues and situations that could require notification and communications to others.
- Completes all assigned responsibilities including being on call, taking field trips, planning, implementing and chaperoning events, developing improvement plans for students with regard to grades, and all required written and verbal documentation, reports and log entries into the ETO system.
- Provides individual student support and group training in a wide variety of topics that provide HW-SC participants with the social, life, academic and employment skills that enable success.
- Ability to maintain an active case load based on enrollment targets by recruiting new students and retaining existing students.
Associates degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred. Applicants with an Associate’s degree must have a minimum of 1 year of relevant youth experience. Bilingual – Spanish speaking and writing desired. Candidates must have a valid NY State Driver’s License and must meet agency driving and insurance standards.
Benefits: At Hillside, you’ll have continual training opportunities, generous paid time off, nine paid holidays per year, comprehensive medical and dental coverage, flexible spending accounts, 403(b) retirement savings plan with employer match, salary continuation for non-work related illnesses/injuries, and employee assistance plan.