Youth Care Professional I (OVERNIGHTS) 17 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level All, Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education High School Diploma or GED
The Youth Care Professional I (YCP) performs functions related to the care and treatment of youth, and assists in the development of life and social skills in a residential treatment setting. The YCP I is an adult role model for youth and families in all behaviors, including communication, hygiene, appearance, management of self, response to stress, and in the demonstration of positive relationships with others.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrates skills, abilities, and knowledge that promote a safe physical and emotional environment for children and families within the context of their living environment.
- Performs job requirements with regular supervision, and is actively learning new areas of expertise in order to fulfill a wider ranging set of responsibilities.
- May develop, implement, monitor and report on treatment objectives and modalities of the children.
- Recognizes differentiating behaviors, participates within designated treatment teams to develop service and behavior management plans, and, as appropriate, based on skills and experience, executes such plans aimed at assisting children/youth/families to achieve their personal goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates a capability for engaging youth and families in trust-based, productive relationships in order to help children/youth and families prepare for transitions, interact in the community, and promote respect and independence.
Requirements: High school diploma or GED is required. Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Psychology, Sociology or Education is preferred. 1-2 years of experience is preferred. Candidates must have a valid NYS driver’s license and must meet agency driving standards.