Youth Care Professional I (Sleepy Hollow) 22 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education Some College
The Youth Care Professional I (YCP) performs functions related to the care and treatment of youth, and assists in the development of life and social skills in a residential treatment setting. The YCP I is an adult role model for youth and families in all behaviors, including communication, hygiene, appearance, management of self, response to stress, and in the demonstration of positive relationships with others.
Schedule: Weekends alternate; Wednesday- Friday: 3-11 pm
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrates skills, abilities, and knowledge that promote a safe physical and emotional environment for children and families within the context of their living environment.
- Performs job requirements with regular supervision, and is actively learning new areas of expertise in order to fulfill a wider ranging set of responsibilities.
- May develop, implement, monitor and report on treatment objectives and modalities of the children.
- Recognizes differentiating behaviors, participates within designated treatment teams to develop service and behavior management plans, and, as appropriate, based on skills and experience, executes such plans aimed at assisting children/youth/families to achieve their personal goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates a capability for engaging youth and families in trust-based, productive relationships in order to help children/youth and families prepare for transitions, interact in the community, and promote respect and independence.
Requirements: High school diploma or GED is required. Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Psychology, Sociology or Education is preferred. 1-2 years of experience is preferred. Candidates must have a valid NYS driver’s license and must meet agency driving standards.