Youth Care Professional III – Monroe Lang Alcott 21 views1 application
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Entry Level
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education 2-year degree
The Youth Care Professional III (YCP III) performs functions that assist in the care and treatment of youth in care. The YCP III assists youth in developing life and social skills in a residential setting, and in establishing a safe physical and emotional environment for youth in care. The YCP III performs all job requirements with independence and has demonstrated an ability to organize and deliver more complex training. The YCP III is depended upon for resolution of more complex problems/issues, may perform supervisory functions, mentoring and training, and shift charge responsibilities as assigned.
Essential functions of the YCP III role include, but are not limited to:
- Recognizes differentiating youth behaviors, the YCP III participates within designated service teams to develop treatment and behavior management plans, and, as appropriate, based on skills and experience, executes such plans aimed at assisting youth and their families in achieving their personal goals and objectives.
- Responsible for managing activities within an individual or group dynamic, assuring the safety of the youth assigned by utilizing appropriate emergency and crisis intervention principles and techniques as needed.
- Proactively maintains current knowledge of the emotional/behavior status of youth and their families, assesses the effectiveness of treatment plans, and supports interactions with family and local community.
- Demonstrates the emotional confidence and good judgment required to build productive and engaged relationships with youth and families, while implementing required rules and routines.
- Ensures the safety of the children/youth assigned and is thoroughly aware of all procedures relating to emergencies.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree and 1 year of experience OR Associates degree and 1.5 years of experience OR High School Diploma/GED and 2 years of experience is required. Candidates must have a Valid NYS driver’s license and must meet agency driving requirements.