Youth Intervention Aide 55 views9 applications
- Salary Offer $19.44 to $20.66 / Hourly
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education GED
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Visits recreation centers, parks and DRYS special events to cultivate relationships with youth;
- Assists with counseling youth in understanding their situation, consequences of criminal behavior, and alternatives;
- Converses with youth, individually and in groups, who are at-risk or suspected of participating in criminal behavior in order to discourage criminal behavior and discuss alternatives, and positive opportunities;
- Initiates referrals of youth to various community-based services and opportunities;
- Communicates with Pathways and Recreation Management and Center Directors regarding youth;
- Writes reports regarding daily interventions and youth contacts;
- May visit homes of youth referred by police officers, probation officers, parents, schools, neighbors or other sources to assess home situation and parent and sibling relationships;
- Works with DRYS Sentries on resolving issues and conflicts that develop at City Recreation Facilities and Programs;
- Attends meetings regarding DRYS Programs and community youth initiatives.
High School Diploma or GED; PLUS
One (1) year of direct experience with at-risk youth in a community outreach, youth services, or counseling capacity.
An active New York State Class D Driver’s License at time of appointment. This license must be maintained throughout employment in this title.
CITY RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION
(Youth Intervention Aide, City of Rochester)