Youth Mentor 68 views5 applications
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level All, Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 0-12 months
- Education High School Diploma or GED
The primary responsibility of the youth mentor is to serve as a peer mentor, positive role model and advocate to youth and young adults currently receiving care coordination services in Monroe County. The Youth Mentor will assist youth in achieving their goals and living healthy, self-directed lives. The role involves connecting with youth while working with a team in order to identify, advocate, and act as a liaison between youth and other professionals and community natural supports.
Responsibilities of the youth mentor include:
• Educating and modeling for youth, how to advocate for their needs
• Helping youth identify goals for their plan of care
• Assisting youth in engaging in their own planning process and self-advocacy
• Creating partnerships with youth and professionals to help meet youth’s needs
• Co- facilitating skill-building groups and trainings for youth and staff
High School Diploma or equivalent required. The Youth Mentor must be at least 18 years old and have (1) personal life experience in child serving systems (juvenile justice, mental health, child welfare, and/or education and (2) the ability to positively and appropriately self-disclose regarding that experience. Local travel as required. Must have a valid NYS driver’s license and meet agency driving and insurance standards.