Early Childhood Teacher
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education 4-year degree
The Harley School is seeking applications from qualified persons for an early childhood teaching position in the Lower School starting mid-January 2023. The position involves team-teaching in the Nursery program. The Nursery teacher will work closely with a co-teacher, the Lower School division head, the faculty, and parents.
Qualifications for the Nursery teacher position:
- A warm, caring individual who has demonstrated a specific interest in teaching young children through previous experience with this age group (3, 4 and 5-year olds).
- Minimum of a BA, preferably in education, ideally with a concentration in early childhood or early childhood special education.
- Understanding of early childhood development (socio-emotional, physical, cognitive) and a commitment to play-based pedagogy.
- Enthusiastic about collaborative learning; creative and innovative when working with diverse learners and faculty.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- 3+ years of teaching experience
- Commitment to a responsive and community-centered classroom
In the interest of promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce, The Harley School welcomes candidates from all backgrounds. Our School’s mission statement begins, “We are a diverse, inclusive school.” Along with a cover letter and résumé, we ask that you provide a personal statement on how you see yourself promoting diversity and inclusivity if you join the Harley community.
Interested candidates should submit their materials to email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled.